REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR 2021!
Moving Mountains: The Pyrenees in Spain and France
June 13 - 20, 2021 Hiking and Yoga in the Pyrenees of Spain and France.
Our 7 night itinerary is based in the village of Biescas with hikes exploring both the Valle de Tena and Ordesa National Park. Ordesa was one of the first National Parks in Spain and has several kilometre deep
canyons. It’s also a UNESCO world heritage site (for the biodiversity of flora and fauna).
The Valle de Tena is in the Ordesa-Vignemale Biosphere Reserve and has a wealth of alpine meadows surrounded by high peaks. Both areas have wonderful hiking with a huge choice of routes of all levels. Theroutes will be selected to suit the fitness levels of the group. All hikes will be guided by an English speaking qualified guide. All of our guides are very knowledgeable about the Pyrenees and the history, culture and wildlife of the area. The hikers will return to the hotel in time for yoga sessions in the afternoon/early evening. All activities are optional.
The price includes:
● 7 nights accommodation at Hotel Tierra de Biescas and daily Yoga practice.
● All breakfasts and 6 evening meals in both hotel restaurant and villages restaurants (evening meal not included
on rest day)
● Picnic lunches for all hiking days (lunch not included on rest day)
● 5 days hiking with qualified mountain leader
● Transfers to/from the hikes
● Cultural day - guided tour of Aínsa.
● Drinks with meals (wine, coffees, beer, etc)
● Lunch on rest day in Aínsa.
● Evening meal on rest day - usually we have a big lunch so people just want a snack!
● Transport to Biescas. If arriving from Barcelona or Madrid we can quote for a
transfer direct from your arrival airport - just let us know where you are flying to.
Sunday: Pacino peak hike
Monday: Hike in La Ripera Valley
Tuesday: San Juan de la Peña
Wednesday: Rest/cultural day
Thursday: Lacs Ayous - side trip to Pic D’Ayous (France)
Friday: Hike in the Ordesa Valley